The CNPB (Conseil National du Patronat du Bénin) has been established in 1984 as ‘Organisation Nationale du Paronat du Bénin’ (ONEB) and changed his name to CNP-Bénin in 1989. Although the name changed the missions didn’t:
- - Encourage wealth creation by promoting entrepreneurship and private initiatives
- - Support businesses and assist them in all areas that affect their life and development: labor law, taxation, training, environment, youth employment, etc.
- - Improve the business environment and the competitiveness of companies
- - Participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of our country's economic and social policies
- - Maintain, enrich and strengthen social dialogue
- - Boost public-private partnership, in the Republic of Benin
- - Contribute to the achievement of the SDGs, in particular SDG8
The vision of CNP-Bénin is to make Beninese employers an instrument of dialogue, mobilization of economic operators and defence of their interests, with a view to promoting a prosperous and competitive national economy.