The ‘Conseil National du Patronat du Togo’ has been established in 1963 and was called ‘Groupement Interprofessionnel des Entreprises du Togo (GITO)’. In novembre 1990, teh name was changed into ‘Conseil National du Patronat du Togo’ and located in the capital of the country, Lomé.
The CNP-Togo cooperates with the government, institutions, private bodies and associations. The CNP-Togo has a competent staff which consists of professionals in various fields of expertise. The CBNP-Togo represents 18 professional associations.
The main objectives of the ‘Conseil National du Patronat du Togo’ are, among others :
- To communicate to the government and other policy decision makers through lobbying and advocacy the points of view of their members with regards to issues that directly or indirectly concerns their business climate
- To promote an entrepreneurial sprit with all elements connected to this in the country
- To represent their members and the private sector in general towards the public authorities and international organisations. CNP-Togo also represents and supports their members and the private sector when it comes to negotiation with trade unions
- To guarantee and protect the interest of the private sector in accordance with the existing laws and regulations
- To take part in the social dialogue both at the national level and at the level of individual companies